Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Hidden Grove of the Deep Druids: an adventure I drew for


Longtime reader Harald Maassen just released a really tight dungeon adventure called "Hidden Grove of the Deep Druids," which I contributed artwork for!

It's available as a Pay What You Want download on the Dungeon Master's Guild. Worry not though. It's a decently system-flexible adventure good for all medieval-ish fantasy dungeoncrawlers. If you are a 5E player, it provides some lite mechanical support to run the adventure in a more old-school way.

The premise? "Evil druid cult." An ever-elusive archetype but one that I think Harald has nailed here. If you've never used druids as villains, you should really give it a whirl.

It's a medium-sized dungeon that's non-linear, has lots and lots of dangers (especially weird fungi), and has clean and helpful formatting. It'll make a fine addition to anyone's collection of solid, vanilla-yet-tasty dungeons to slot into their game.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm, yanno I've got a swamp on my campaign map where I'd really like to send my players to adventure soon. This might be a good option.

    Though this campaign has already included one adventure where a tree grew from a staked vampire. I wonder what sort of connection between the two I might draw between them.

    ReplyDelete